Delta Projects, is seeking a LPN to provide support to the Nursing Team for individuals living in group homes around the south shore area. The LPN assists the RNs in the auditing and compliance of documentation related to overall health services for individuals with intellectual and developmental and/or psychiatric disabilities living in Delta Projects residential homes. The nurse monitors health, wellness and medical services in accord with the requirements of regulatory agencies and in response to individualized needs.
The LPN will:
- Audit the documentation of health care services in accordance with appropriate state and funding source regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts LPN license requirements, and professionally abides by all organization policies and procedures.
- Provide quality assurance reviews of medication and health care systems and MAP compliance per internal QE processes in homes throughout the south shore area.
- Collaborate with various team members to assess, organize, update, and maintain individual health care, medication and wellness documents.
- Ensure all regular, specialty and follow-up care needs are met and provides supports to the Residential Manager as needed.
- Act as the liaison with an individual’s RN to train and monitor the implementation of Health Care Guidelines and Protocols.
- May conduct Self-Medication Assessments as part of an individual’s ISP.
- Monitor self-medication plans for those who pass the Self-Medication Assessment.
- Provide support to the Residential Manager on the development of wellness plans including healthy diets and exercise.
- Participate in the admission of newindividuals:assists in the accurate set-up of medication administration systems, confirms all health care guidelines and protocols are up-to-date and trained.
- Work collaboratively with the RN and Residential Manager to ensure documentation needs are met.
- Act as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular health care needs. Assists staff to identify appropriate community health resources.
- Provide support to DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified Staff to ensure their competency in administering medications.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current and valid LPN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS) or equivalent
- Current and valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Click HERE to apply.