$2,500 Sign-On Bonus included! (pay out schedule is determined by employer).
As LPN Case Manager, you’ll assist in the coordination of health services for individuals with developmental and/or psychiatric disabilities living in Delta Projects residential homes. The LPN Case Manager promotes the physical and mental health of residents through the application of sound nursing principles. This is done as a member of the interdisciplinary team and has the goal of assisting residents to maximize their own health.
- Assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs including:
- individual client assessment
- review of routine and other physical exams
- review of physician-ordered treatments
- assurance of treatment follow-up
- coordination of medical and psychiatric care
- referral for additional health care provider treatment as needed
- on-site review of medical records
- problem solving with staff and individuals
- oversight of DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) systems
- Coordinate and document health care services in accordance with appropriate state and funding source regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts license requirements.
- Function as an integral member of interdisciplinary teams, including on site at the various residential program locations.
- Meet as needed with other team members to maintain continuity and consistency of care.
- Participate in the admission of new individuals.
- Work collaboratively with Residential Managers to monitor hospitalizations and facilitate discharges from health care facilities as necessary.
- Develop and provide regular on-site education to staff and/or individuals on health issues.
- Act as a resource to clarify medication orders and contact medical provider(s) to review the individual’s status and medication plans as necessary.
- Assist residential staff to identify appropriate community health resources.
- Act as a liaison to community providers regarding regular medical needs and care.
- Provide oversight and consultation on DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) adherence at the residential program.
- Provide regular quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to maintain quality of care, including compliance with the MAP Program.
- Professionally abide by all organization policies and procedures.
- Occasionally provide direct medical care to individuals as required by circumstances.
- Participate in the on-call nursing rotation.
- Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current and valid LPN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BLS)
- Current and valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office