Day Program Specialist
Are you looking for a rewarding experience?
Delta Projects is looking for Day Program Specialists to work in our Community Based Day Supports Program (CBDS) located in Dedham, MA. This position supports adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to grow and thrive in an active environment with opportunities for fun, friendship, learning and work.
Day Program Specialists provide direct support services to adults who are involved in a variety of social, recreational, employment, skill building and personal enrichment activities throughout the day with the goal of becoming more independent. As a Day Program Specialist, you will work as part of a dedicated team that is responsible for informal teaching, counseling, job coaching, and recreational activities that take place both on-site and in the community.
The ideal candidate will be a compassionate team-player with strong interpersonal skills who is comfortable learning new things, leading group discussions and bringing new ideas to the table. Hours are Monday through Friday 8am-4pm.
We are committed to you. We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree preferred; or equivalent combination of education and previous work experience with people who have developmental disabilities.
- Professional oral and written communication skills; function as an ambassador for Delta Projects, Inc. within the community, maintaining professional appearance and communication style.
- All applicants must have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- All applicants must have a reliable vehicle, car insurance, and clean driving record.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in certain areas of training including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, non-violent physical interventions, positive behavior support, medication administration, and driving.
- Must be willing to occasionally work more than 40 hours per week as driven by operational needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications helpful.
Pay rate $21.50 per hour
Click HERE to apply.