Delta Projects is seeking a Direct Support Professional for a Residential Home in Easton, MA.
1st Shift, 2nd Shift, and Asleep Overnight Shift
Job Purpose: Direct Support Professionals (“DSPs” or “Instructors”) are responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, and therapeutic environment which fosters growth and development while facilitating mutual aid/self-help skills among individuals. Staff’s primary role is to provide the appropriate supports tailored to the needs and desires of each individual to enable each to live as independently as possible. Instructors are expected to recognize when an individual is in a crisis and be able to utilize the appropriate psychiatric and medical back up services.
- Attend to the daily needs of individuals on an individual basis as well as foster increased independence and self-determination.
- Teach socialization skills and activities of daily living including household maintenance; self-awareness and human development, menu planning, food shopping and preparation; money management skills/budgeting; transportation and community orientation; individual skills; and utilization of community resources. Assist individuals with personal hygiene as needed to ensure that they present themselves in a culturally valued, image-enhancing way.
- Administer and document individual medications as prescribed by a physician in accordance with agency and program procedures.
- Record and appropriately utilize necessary data, daily progress notes, staff log and complete all other ISP and program required documentation before the end of shift.
- Transport individuals to and from day programs, medical appointments and other activities as required.
- Provide opportunities for leisure time activities and foster independence in the choice and participation of those activities.
- Ensure client safety and comply with program standards for staff coverage.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, role modeling and supervision to clients.
- Provide a supportive environment that includes opportunities for individuals to determine, to the fullest extent possible, personal preferences for daily schedules and routines.
- Maintain knowledge of on-going program issues and developments as well as informing supervisor of program issues and concerns.
- Communicate in a professional manner.
- Perform duties consistent with program and agency policies and procedures.
- Execute duties to reflect reasonable safety standards. Universal/standard precautions must be utilized, and training obtained in areas that constitute risk.
- Ensure a clean, safe and home-like environment for clients.
- Remain alert at all times throughout scheduled work shift.
- Remain at site until relieved by incoming staff.
- Participate in core training and maintain certification of required trainings including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, non-violent physical interventions, and MAP.
- Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in supervision and staff meetings.
- Ensure that individuals we support are treated with dignity and respect in accordance with Delta Projects’ Human Rights Policy.
- Implement all programs for individuals, which may include physical interventions such as lifting, running, and physical restraint.
- Assist at another DPI site if requested by your supervisory
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Direct care experience working with adults diagnosed with Intellectual Disabilities preferred
- A valid driver’s license in state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Must possess a safe, reliable, registered, insured, and inspected vehicle in order to transport individuals as needed/required during the course of assigned shift(s)
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in certain areas of training including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, non-violent physical interventions, behavior management, medication administration, and driving
- Ability to recognize inappropriate or manipulative behavior in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to calmly and repetitively model appropriate behavior in difficult or challenging situations
- Ability to react to situations, i.e., rescue, preventing a resident from hurting themselves
Click HERE to apply.