Delta Projects is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team! We are a human services agency that supports adults with intellectual disabilities, traumatic and acquired brain injuries and other developmental challenges in residential, day and employment support programs. The Accounts Payable Specialist plays a vital role in our team and will work closely and collaboratively with the accounting team to pay for goods and services the organization needs to operate successfully. The Accounts Payable position is hourly and there is an opportunity for overtime. We are a team-oriented organization and in this Accounts Payable position, you will interact with many of our employees, individuals and different departments. This is a rewarding experience, where you will play an important role in helping individuals we support obtain the services they need to achieve their individual goals and aspirations.
- Process check requests, ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation prior to payment and processes invoices into computer system.
- Prints and obtains signatures (as necessary) on all accounts payable checks.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Reconciles and records all Petty Cash accounts.
- Reconcile and prepare (for processing) employee expense reimbursements.
- Reconcile and prepare (as needed) disbursements to and on behalf of company residents.
- Answers all vendor inquiries and maintain professional relationships.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and organization accounts payable files.
- Prepares and processes disbursement activity for corporate affiliates.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Maintain relevant tax data and meet compliance requirements (i.e. 1099s).
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Performs filing/copying/scanning.
- Act as back up for payroll processing.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years, full-cycle Accounts Payable experience or equivalent combination of education and experience; undergraduate degree in business studies a plus.
- Experience with MIP Abila or other accounting software systems a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Professional oral and written communication skills; demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships.
- Qualifying criminal background.
Click HERE to apply