Delta Projects, Inc. is seeking an The Director of Health Care Services will coordinate and oversee the health services for individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities living in Delta Projects residential homes. The Director of Health Care Services promotes the physical and mental health of residents by applying the nursing processes. This is done as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and has the goal of assisting residents to maximize their own health. The Director of Health Care Services assists with coordinating and monitoring medical services, including behavioral and medication services, in accord with the requirements of regulatory agencies and in response to individualized needs.
The Director of Healthcare Services will:
- Provide oversight and necessary leadership to the Nursing Department at Delta Projects.
- Provide, supervise, and document health care services in accordance with appropriate state and funding source regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts RN license requirements, and professionally abides by all organization policies and procedures.
- Function as an integral member of interdisciplinary teams at the various program locations. Meets as needed with Delta Projects management and/or other team members to maintain continuity and consistency of care.
- Participate in the admission of new individuals and works collaboratively with the Residential Managers to facilitate discharges from health care facilities as necessary
- Attend complex specialty visits with individuals supported.
- Act as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular medical needs and care.
- In conjunction with RN’s, provide training to new staff, including, but not limited to initial, remedial, and recertification of MAP (Medication Administration Program), healthcare training and other orientation training.
- Provide consultation to MAP Certified Staff as needed.
- Provide quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures, which maintain quality of care and compliance with the MAP.
- Provide in-service education to individuals and/or staff on health issues.
- Serve as a mentor and clinical field supervisor for the LPNs and RNs.
- Collaborate with various teams to assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs. This should include, but is not limited to individual client assessment, review of routine and other physical exams, review of physician ordered treatments, assurance of treatment follow-up and coordination of medical and behavioral healthcare, referral for additional treatment as needed with health care providers, maintenance of medical charts, problem solving with individuals and staff, motivation of individuals and staff, assistance in MAP systems, including quality assurance checks, periodic assessment of client self-medication skills, and submitting/reviewing medication occurrence reports.
Requirements and skills:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current and valid RN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Three years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS) or equivalent
- Meets or has the ability to meet applicable requirements for certification as a MAP trainer as established by the DPH, DMH, DDS and/or DCF
- Current and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with Electronic Health Care systems, preferably iCentrix
Click HERE to apply.