Delta Projects, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse to assist in the coordination of health services for individuals with developmental and/or psychiatric disabilities living in Delta Projects residential homes. The RN promotes the physical and mental health of residents by applying the nursing processes. This is done as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and has the goal of assisting residents to maximize their own health. The nurse coordinates and monitors medical services, including psychiatric and medication services, in accord with the requirements of regulatory agencies and in response to individualized needs.
The RN will:
- Provides, supervises, and documents health care services in accordance with appropriate state and funding source regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts RN license requirements, and professionally abides by all organization policies and procedures.
- Functions as an integral member of interdisciplinary teams at the various program locations. Meets as needed with Delta Projects, management and/or other team members to maintain continuity and consistency of care.
- Participates in the admission of new individuals and works collaboratively with the Residential Managers and Directors of Residential Services to facilitate discharges from health care facilities as necessary; acts as a resource to clarify initial or hospital discharge medication orders and contacts the medical provider(s) to review the individual’s status and medication plans.
- Acts as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular medical needs and care. Assists staff to identify appropriate community health resources.
- Conducts training to staff for on the DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP)
- Provides consultation to DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified Staff as needed.
- Acts as the liaison with an individual’s health care team to develop Health Care Guidelines and Protocols.
- Reviews, trains, and monitors the implementation of Health Care Guidelines and Protocols.
- Conducts Self-Medication Assessments as part of an individual’s ISP.
- Provides in-service education to individuals and/or staff on health issues.
- Provides guidance on the development of wellness plans including healthy diets and exercise. Provides on-site education to individuals and/or staff on wellness issues.
- Provides quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Serves as a mentor and clinical field supervisor for staff LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurse).
- Provides ongoing supervision for staff LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurse) to ensure optimal health care provision to Delta Projects, recipients.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures, which maintain quality of care and compliance with the Medication Administration Program.
- Collaborates with various teams to assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs. This should include, but is not limited to individual client assessment, review of routine and other physical exams, review of physician ordered treatments, assurance of treatment follow-up and coordination of medical and psychiatric care, referral for additional treatment as needed with health care providers, maintenance of medical charts, problem solving with individuals and staff, motivation of individuals and staff, assistance in MAP systems, including quality assurance checks, periodic assessment of client self-medication skills, and submitting/reviewing medication occurrence reports.
- Provide direct service to individuals as necessary and when conditions are warranted.
- Conduct research for improving the nursing practices and healthcare outcomes.
- Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current and valid RN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS) or equivalent
- Meets or has the ability to meet applicable requirements for certification as a MAP trainer as established by the DPH, DMH, DDS and/or DCF
- Current and valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Click HERE to apply.