Delta Projects, Inc. is seeking a Registered Nurse to assist in the coordination of health services for individuals with developmental and/or psychiatric disabilities living in Delta Projects residential homes. The RN promotes the physical and mental health of residents by applying the nursing processes. This is done as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and has the goal of assisting residents to maximize their own health. The nurse coordinates and monitors medical services, including psychiatric and medication services, in accord with the requirements of regulatory agencies and in response to individualized needs.
The RN will:
- Provide, supervise, and document health care services in accordance with appropriate state and funding source regulations, nursing standards, and Massachusetts RN license requirements, and professionally abides by all organization policies and procedures.
- Participate in the admission of new individuals and works collaboratively with the Residential Managers to facilitate discharges from health care facilities as necessary; acts as a resource to clarify initial or hospital discharge medication orders and contacts the medical provider(s) to review the individual’s status and medication plans.
- Act as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular medical needs and care. Assists staff to identify appropriate community health resources.
- Provide consultation to DPH Medication Administration Program (MAP) Certified Staff as needed.
- Provide in-service education to individuals and/or staff on health issues.
- Provide quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Serve as a mentor and clinical field supervisor for staff LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurse).
- Provide ongoing supervision for staff LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurse) to ensure optimal health care provision to Delta Projects, Inc. recipients.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures, which maintain quality of care and compliance with the Medication Administration Program.
- Collaborate with various teams to assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current and valid RN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS) or equivalent
- Meets or has the ability to meet applicable requirements for certification as a MAP trainer as established by the DPH, DMH, DDS and/or DCF
- Current and valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Click HERE to apply.