Delta Projects, Inc. is seeking a MAP Trainer. The MAP (Medication Administration Program) Nurse Trainer reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work a flexible schedule adapted to meet the training needs of the Agency and teach MAP certification and recertification class along with scheduling testing conducted by D & S Diversified Technologies. The nurse will consult on MAP audits to evaluate compliance with Department of Developmental Services)/ MAP regulations to the residences
The MAP Trainer will:
- Conduct MAP certification and recertification training in accordance with DDS regulations and MAP retraining as needed.
- Schedule MAP testing by D & S Diversified Technologies.
- Track pass rates of MAP students and provide additional tutoring when needed for staff who are not successful in initial attempts to pass the MAP Certification test.
- Be available for consultation on MAP issues in Delta Projects residences in accordance to DPH/MAP regulation.
- Retrain and coach staff who’ve had Medication Occurrences to achieve MAP compliance.
- Handle related job duties in compliance with agency’s Programmatic Policy Manual
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with DDS and other groups specific to people supported at Delta Projects.
- Attend a ‘Train the Trainer’ to become a MAP instructor and attend the biannual meetings to maintain your instructor status.
- Implement the agency mission through service delivery, staff development, and resource acquisition.
- Attend administrative and other meetings as required.
- Provide recommendations to your supervisor regarding ways to improve the current systems.
- Observe all Agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and positive demeanor while successfully managing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts by the Board of Registration.
- Two years of experience as a registered nurse.
- Experience with intellectually/developmentally disabled population preferred.
- Must be 21+ years old, have a valid driver’s license, daily use of a car and available by telephone for daily contact.
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org