Delta Projects is seeking an LPN for several group homes in the South Shore. The LPN is responsible for rendering nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized client needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the Registered Nurse.
The LPN will:
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines, and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
- Assist in data collection on all medical data records.
- Contribute to the development of the patient/significant other plan of care based on the identified patient problems/needs.
- Carry out physician orders accurately, directly and indirectly.
- Assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of the nursing care administered relative to the patient/ significant other identified problem/needs.
- Reviews, trains, and monitors the implementation of Health Care Guidelines and Protocols.
- Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant other, staff, and physician as evidenced within medical record, client, and health care team feedback.
- Effectively communicate patients changing needs and plan of care among staff members.
- Report patient needs/problems and observations regarding patient’s condition to the registered nurse and physician as needed.
- Acts as a liaison as needed to other community agencies and treatment providers regarding regular medical needs and care. Assists staff to identify appropriate community health resources
- Provide patient/significant other health teaching as delegated by and observed by the RN.
- Use available written and AV materials specific to patient condition or disease.
Utilize appropriate teaching methods such as one-on-one and group instruction, demonstration, or discussion.
- Participates in the admission of new individuals and works collaboratively with the Residential Managers and Directors of Residential Services to facilitate discharges from health care facilities as necessary; acts as a resource to clarify initial or hospital discharge medication orders and contacts the medical provider(s) to review the individual’s status and medication plans.
- Assist in the orientation/training of new team members.
- Acts as the liaison with an individual’s health care team to develop Health Care Guidelines and Protocols.
- Consistently evaluate work and determine if further steps are needed to meet client expectations.
- Provides guidance on the development of wellness plans including healthy diets and exercise. Provides on-site education to individuals and/or staff on wellness issues.
- Provides quality assurance reviews of medication systems and MAP compliance.
- Collaborates with various teams to assess, organize, update, and maintain client health care and medication needs. This should include, but is not limited to individual client assessment, review of routine and other physical exams, review of physician ordered treatments, assurance of treatment follow-up and coordination of medical and psychiatric care, referral for additional treatment as needed with health care providers, maintenance of medical charts, problem solving with individuals and staff, motivation of individuals and staff, assistance in MAP systems, including quality assurance checks, periodic assessment of client self-medication skills, and submitting/reviewing medication occurrence reports.
- Provide direct service to individuals as necessary and when conditions are warranted.
- Participates in the On-call nursing process
- Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Current and valid LPN license in the state of Massachusetts
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BLS)
- Current and valid driver’s license in the state of residence
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Click HERE to Apply