Employment Specialist (Job Coach/ Job Developer)
Delta Projects is looking for an experienced Employment Specialist to join our team! Reporting to the Director of Community Based Day Supports, the Employment Specialist is responsible for a full continuum of employment support services to provide meaningful competitive, supported and volunteer employment opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities in our day program. The ideal candidate has a background in job coaching and job development.
- Identify competitive integrated job opportunities for individuals on your caseload by networking and conducting outreach to local employers and providing education on the benefits of hiring a person with a disability. Maintain positive relationships with employers.
- Conduct activities to prepare individuals for work/job search, through individual and group meetings, assessments, activities, workshops, work experiences (in-house jobs, volunteering, job-shadowing, group supported employment, individual competitive employment), etc.
- Provide/arrange for necessary job supports to ensure success before, during and post placement (including long-term follow-up) and ensure case files are complete, accurate and up to date (progress notes, ISP documentation, evaluation reports, signed consents, etc.).
- Act as primary employment liaison for the individual, employer, and multi-disciplinary team (family, group home, DDS Service Coordinator, clinical, etc.) before, during and post placement. Responsible for regular contact and scheduled check-ins, communicating through verbal/written documentation and case conferences.
- Provide travel training and/or transport participants to and from interviews/work when necessary.
- Work as part of the CBDS team, developing community sites, coordinating schedules and activities, and providing direct support coverage for the program as needed.
- Flexible schedule, primarily Mon-Fri, with occasional evenings or weekends as job placements require.
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Previous experience in marketing, job development or outside sales preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor/appearance
- Proficient in using MS Office, navigating internet and social media
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to use personal vehicle for business purposes
- Qualifying criminal background and driving record
- HS Diploma or equivalency required. Bachelor’s degree in related human service or business field preferred.
Click HERE to apply.