Delta Projects is seeking an experienced Director of Human Resources who is responsible for overseeing the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function.
- Establish human resources objectives in line with organizational goals.
- Attract and retain competent, qualified staff across all disciplines by identifying and implementing best-in-class recruiting strategies.
- Manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; managing compensation; designing HR systems; resolving employee issues; implementing change.
- Promote and enhance a culture of employee recognition and appreciation which increases job satisfaction and minimizes employee turn-over.
- Ensure that employees receive regular, meaningful feedback and evaluation on job performance.
- Implement human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance and labor relations.
- Manage staff vacancies and staffing needs on an on-going basis based on defined metrics and discussions of personnel needs with hiring managers.
- Evaluate and recommend salary ranges based on responsibilities, market forces and Delta Projects overall compensation policies.
- Maintain and update written human resources policies and procedures, ensuring that all are in accordance with applicable federal and state legal and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Perform annual benefits negotiations and administration, maintaining relationships with vendors and employees on all benefit offerings.
- Act as primary liaison with employee union in contract negotiations, operational issues and dispute resolution.
- Supervise a staff of four in HR administration functions.
- Manage the Company’s Kronos HRIS systems
- Participate in investigations and provide recommendations for corrective action and performance improvement opportunities.
- Additional duties and special projects as assigned by the CEO.
- Minimum BA/BS degree and seven years progressive experience or MA/MS degree and five years progressive experience managing human resources functions in a complex non-profit, government or business environment, including personnel, compensation, and recruiting
- Ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach senior-level staff, to manage and develop high-performance teams and to develop and implement program strategies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson and relationship builder
- Strong commitment to the professional development of staff
- Successful track record of recruiting and retaining a diverse team
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws, regulations and policies as they relate to the administrative and human resource management of non-profit organizations
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Kronos HRIS systems
- Qualifying criminal background
Click HERE to apply.