Delta Projects, Inc. is hiring for a Community Inclusion Specialist (CIS) to work in our Community Based Day Supports Program in Dedham, MA. This position supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live and grow in a manner consistent with that of other citizens of the Commonwealth. Delta promotes dignity and respect while also focusing on individual growth.
A Community Inclusion Specialist (CIS) will provide direct support services to adults with developmental disabilities during the day who wish to be actively engaged in their communities through a variety of social, recreational, employment, skill building and personal enrichment activities. This position will also promote new learning skills, and help individuals attain the maximum level of independence. The CIS will be actively engaged in informal teaching, counseling, recreational and job coaching activities throughout the day as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be a compassionate team-player with strong interpersonal skills. This position is Monday through Friday 8am-4pm.
We are committed to you. We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s Degree preferred; or at least one year job developmental experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional oral and written communication skills; function as an ambassador for Delta Projects, Inc. within the community and maintain a professional presentation in physical appearance and communication style.
- All applicants must have a current, valid, US drivers’ license for at least one year.
- All applicants must have a reliable vehicle, car insurance, and clean driving record.
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in certain areas of training including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, non-violent physical interventions, behavior management, medication administration, and driving
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to occasionally work more than 40 hours per week as driven by operational needs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications helpful.
Click HERE to apply.