Delta Projects is hiring Senior Instructors to work in our residential homes supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities to live and grow in a manner consistent with that of other citizens of the Commonwealth. Delta promotes dignity and respect for each individual while also focusing on individual needs, hopes and desires.
Senior Instructors will:
- Be responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive and therapeutic environment which fosters growth and development while facilitating mutual aid and self-help skills among individuals.
- Work together with the people we serve, their families, friends, employers, and other support staff to transform their lives by either building independence skills or increasing each person’s quality of life.
- Provide direct support to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a small group residential setting or day program.
- Administer medication under the Medication Administration Plan (MAP), implement treatment plans, and assist people with activities of daily living, such as household chores, cooking, and person hygiene.
- Strengthen residents’ connection to their community by providing transportation on outings such as shopping and doctor’s appointments.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of an Instructor/ Direct Support Professional
- Assist the Residential Manager in conducting staff interviews, orientation and training sessions.
- Assist the Residential Manager in ensuring upkeep of property.
- Perform on call responsibilities in Residential Manager’s absence.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Direct care experience working with adults diagnosed with Intellectual Disabilities preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate competence in certain areas of training including but not limited to CPR, First Aid, non-violent physical interventions, behavior management, medication administration, and driving
Pay Range: $16.75/hr to $17.54/hr depending on the program
Click HERE to apply.